“Bright. Bold. Beautiful. Gold jewelry is precious just like you.”
Gold jewelry is timeless in appeal; warm, lustrous, glorious. Gold is one of the oldest precious metals used in jewelry making. Its charisma lies in its luminous shine, strength, and variety of warm hues. Gold jewelry also stands way above other metals for its durability, visual versatility, and resistance to rust and corrosion. Gold jewelry can be sculptural in form, perfected to a polished finish or textured in unique patterns. What's more, it is an investment. Think gold jewelry and think heirloom jewelry, wealth creation and future generations.
We have a vast treasure trove of gold jewelry collections, expertly curated from some of the best goldsmiths and designers of fine jewelry. Our especially curated collections feature solid gold (straddling both European and American gold standards) jewelry starting from 8k, 9k, 10k, 14k, 18k, 22k, and 24k, besides gold-plated designer jewelry in 18k and 22k gold.
All that glitters is gold jewelry?
The oft-repeated question: what is… real gold jewelry? …solid gold jewelry? … gold-plated jewelry? If you are weighing between solid gold and gold-plated jewelry, we can resolve the dilemma for you. Dive right in to get the basics on gold jewelry right.
• What’s real gold jewelry?
• Difference between gold-plated jewelry and coloured gold jewelry
• Authentic designer gold jewelry
• Is it safe to buy gold jewelry online?
Solid gold jewelry
Allow us to introduce you to fine solid gold jewelry. The purity of gold is expressed in terms of ‘karats’ - the higher the gold content, the higher the karatage. 24 karat is the purest form of gold but rarely used in jewelry making because it is too soft and will scratch and dent easily. To make wearable gold stronger and more durable, it’s blended with other metals. Higher the percentage of alloys, the lower the gold karatage and more muted the yellow colour of the gold.
Popular solid gold karatage in jewelry
18 karat gold jewelry
18 karat gold is an alloy of solid gold with 75 percent pure gold and 25 percent copper, silver or other metals. Gold jewelry in 18 karat is the most popular in gold jewelry making, available in a variety of designs along with precious gemstones like diamonds and pearls. The yellow hue is more distinct than in lower karat gold, and jewelry created in 18k is popular for everyday wear. 18 karat gold is as attractive in stark designs as it is when studded with precious and semi-precious gemstones.
14 karat gold jewelry
14 karat gold is the most cost-effective amongst gold jewelry. It is resilient to scratches, stays in shape, and is the ideal everyday-wear gold jewelry. It is a mix of 58.3 percent gold with other metals, making it more durable than jewelry with higher gold content. Whether it’s a statement piece, an eternity band, or a dainty charmer, you will find a diverse variety of 14k designs in our gold jewelry collections. Wedding bands and engagement rings with diamonds are exceptionally popular in 14 karat gold.
Are rose gold and white gold real gold jewelry?
Rose gold and white gold are, indeed, real gold! Our exquisite designs in gold jewelry come in brilliant tones of yellow, rose and white gold. The hue depends on the metals mixed with pure gold to create the alloy.
• Soft and feminine, rose gold is in pinkish-orange tones and created with a blend of gold with red-toned metals such as copper. It’s very sturdy and rarely requires any plating.
• Elegant and stately, white gold is silver-white in colour and created by mixing gold with white metals such as nickel or zinc. To give it a polished finish and protection, a coating of rhodium (a precious metal like platinum) plating is applied on white gold. When rhodium is dyed black, we get darker shades of white gold!
• Yellow gold is purer gold in 18k, 22k, or 24k.
• Gold-plated jewelry is not solid gold but is considered great as an affordable luxury option for high-end designer jewelry. Gold-plated jewelry is the perfect solution when you want to dress up in the splendour of warm gold but don’t want to deplete your bank balance.
• Often mistaken for real gold, gold-plated jewelry is firm and enduring, with a copper, brass, or sterling silver base electroplated with a layer of 14k, 18k and 22k gold. The thicker the coating, the more premium the jewelry. A range of 1.5 to 3 micron plating is rated as high-grade gold plating.
• Gold-plated jewelry keeps its shape intact due to the base metal’s strength. What’s more, quality gold-plated jewelry can last for many years if treated with care, and most pieces can be re-plated when the gold wears off.
We have gold-plated jewelry in both contemporary and traditional styles in a range of earrings, bracelets, rings and necklaces, with many sparkling away with a splash of pearls, semi-precious and precious gemstones, and beads. If you are searching for fabulous jewelry at equally fabulous prices, gold-plated jewelry is your answer: its affordability allows you to buy new jewelry more often without compromising on style or design.
Designer gold jewelry
Designer gold jewelry is all about original, tasteful jewelry designs made with high quality precious metal and premium gemstones, and handcrafted with immaculate artisanship. You can choose from a variety of gold colours, infused with a touch of diamonds, sapphires, rubies, emeralds and myriad stones. Select designers use a mixed variety of solid gold in different karatage to create stunning jewelry in organic splendour.
Whether it’s on-trend jewelry or vintage styles, our design collections feature beautiful jewelry created by talented designers and master artisans. Our selection of designer gold jewelry is a happy mix of the subtle, dainty, opulent and glamorous.
Gold nuggets jewelry
Some of our designer jewelry feature gold nuggets as a part of a necklace, ring, earring or bracelet. These are sculptural and organic in form and appeal to the senses for their raw, natural look.
Luxury gold jewelry
In our gold jewelry collections you will find luxury gold jewelry pieces designed in solid gold and costly gemstones as well as affordable luxury pieces in gold-plated silver and quality zirconia stones. There is something here for every woman to indulge her senses and pocket. Our collections cater to a range of budgets and you are sure to find a piece you will fall in love with.
Gold jewelry for women
Gold jewelry for women is a long list of perennial favourites. From eternity bands and pendants to studs and bangles, we love to dress up women in style and elegance.
• Gold rings come as showstoppers, engagement bands, eternity rings, and dainty stacking rings. Our exclusive gold range features precious stones that sparkle all the way to your heart.
• Gold necklaces and pendants in stunning designs on slinky chains, or with resplendent gemstones interspersed on gold chains are everyday jewelry essentials. Our gold pendants feature alphabets, numbers, zodiac signs, spiritual symbols, and lustrous pearls and gemstones
• Just the right amount of bling on your wrist, gold bracelets and bangles hold a gentle charm. Check out bracelets contoured in delicate or chunky chains, sprinkled with gemstones, beads and pearls, and classic bangles in unique shapes and designs.
• Hanging, dangling or hugging the ears, gold earrings are popular as trendy earcuffs, stylish studs, lively hoops, and glamorous drop earrings.
Where can I buy quality gold and gold-plated jewelry online?
Our gold jewelry collections are now available online on our website with handy filters – no endless surfing, worries about doorstep delivery, and absolutely no stress about quality. We save you time and commute and help you pick the absolute best online jewelry collections from over 60 top-of-the-line design houses.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive a
10% discount code for first time customers.